CEGA


Discover your ideal relationship with your horse

CEGA creates an atmosphere of openness and trust in which to explore your own special horse-human bond. We want to help you remove blocks, deepen your awareness of the power within, and help you achieve your goals.


Thursday, July 8, 2010

What to do in the heat? Try to keep calm, work light, and spirits up!

When I visit the horses in the barn during these intense hot humid days, I notice how they try to do just that--they are peaceful, even if sweating while standing still, they are always happy to see me, and they appreciate a minimum of work at 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.

Today I heard a quote: "Most conversations are simply monologues delivered in the presence of witnesses." So with that in mind, I went to the barn to listen, instead of talk. The horses were snoozing for the most part--waiting for it to be cool enough to go outside. A few wanted to chat, though. They are feeling very positive about the people here and the planet in general. They are eager to be our partners as we grow and learn to step up to our limitless potential--whether as riders or just beings on the earth.

And, since it's too hot to ride, I will "dive" into my favorite training guides (Podhajsky, Herbermann) and practice with my mind and spirit til it cools off enough to practice with my horse.

Stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment