CEGA


Discover your ideal relationship with your horse

CEGA creates an atmosphere of openness and trust in which to explore your own special horse-human bond. We want to help you remove blocks, deepen your awareness of the power within, and help you achieve your goals.


Friday, April 1, 2011

The hawk outside my window

The other day while I was putting in some time on my treadmill, in hopes of getting in better shape, shaking off the winter sedentary-ness that sometimes settles in this time of year. (Being from California, I sometimes decide that I don’t want to play outside in the winter) Any way the point I was going to make before I got distracted by the weather was that I was watching a hawk outside the window. The Hawk outside my window would wait in quiet readiness for the precise moment when its next meal might be appear. The athletic ability to go from stillness to top speed in the wink of an eye; The ease with which it moved. There were no thoughts getting in his way. (I can’t do this or what would happen if.) He or she was content with being present in each moment, happy to be exactly where and how it was. It could choose at any moment to move or stay. I was reminded how often we humans try to be things we are not. We try to be how we think other people want us to be. We hang on to things from our day and let them affect what we are about to do next. I thought about those lucky people who are truly able to be who they are without the worries of fitting into someone else’s idea of how they should be: The ones who seem to move through life with ease. I decided I wanted more ease and grace in my life. I want the ability to soar through my life creating more fun. Don't let "those thoughts" get in the way of enjoying your time with your horse. Choose to pay more attention to your self and your horse. Just because life circumstances may have been challenging, does not mean we don’t get to choose how we want to live our lives. It just means we have to be aware enough to make more choices and be willing enough to say and see what works for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment